Recoveriescorp respects and upholds your rights to privacy protection under the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988. With regards to Privacy, recoveriescorp adheres to the APPs which were introduced in 2012.
This policy describes how we manage any personal information we have about you.
2. What personal information about me does recoveriescorp hold?
The information recoveriescorp collects is regulated by law. Recoveriescorp may hold the following information about you, but is not limited to:
- Name, addresses and telephone number(s) including those previously held
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Occupation and employment status
- Any information you have provided to us during telephone calls that legislation allows us to record
- Information relevant to the assessment or enforcement of claims against you or another person by our clients
- Driving licence numbers and other relevant photo ID reference numbers
- Bank account and Credit Card details
- Default, Judgment, Bankruptcy information
- Proceedings before any tribunals and any ombudsman and their outcomes
3. We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you when you provide information by phone, or through letters sent by you, or when you submit your personal details through our website, fax or email, or through forms sent by us to you to complete.
- From third parties such as our clients, credit reporting agencies or your representatives and others with whom we may liaise.
- From publicly available sources of information.
4. Information Security and Management
Recoveriescorp is dedicated to keeping the highest quality of information as well as ensuring that your personal information is stored in a secure manner in compliance with the law. The personal information that we keep is secured within systems certified as ISO 27001 compliant.
5. What does recoveriescorp do with my personal information?
We may use personal information about you:
- to verify your identity
- to assist in assessing and enforcing claims on behalf of our clients against you or third parties
- to provide customer support and meet regulatory requirements
- for our internal administration, planning and operations.
Recoveriescorp may disclose personal information about you to any person in the ordinary administration of our business, such as for data processing, printing or mailing and engaging lawyers to prosecute claims. Recoveriescorp may also use or disclose information where it is required or permitted by law to do so.
Personal information that is collected by recoveriescorp will be used by and disclosed to recoveriescorp employees in Australia, and where contractually permitted, to our employees in Fiji and South Africa whose duties require them to use it. Employees that will have access to your information are trained in the protection: handle, use, manage and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
You may request access to personal information we hold about you by writing to the “Privacy Officer” at the address below. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how you access it.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
Any questions about this policy, or any complaint regarding treatment of your privacy by recoveriescorp, should also be made in writing to the Privacy Officer at email@example.com or in writing to the following address:
The Privacy Officer
333 Collins Street
MELBOURNE VIC 3000
7. Disposal of Information
Recoveriescorp retains any information gathered for a minimum of 7 years. However, this information may be retained for a longer period as is necessary for our business practices and for ongoing record management.
In this policy “personal information” has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act 1988. This policy represents our policy as at 12th March 2014. We may change this policy from time to time. Although we intend to observe this policy at all times, from time to time we may regard it as necessary or desirable to act outside the policy. Recoveriescorp may do so, subject only to any other applicable contractual rights you have and any statutory rights you have under the Privacy Act or other applicable legislation.